Visitor restrictions remain in place at all our facilities. Restrictions vary based on type of visit or stay and by department or unit. Please note, all visitors must be screened and masked.
Regional Medical Center (hospital) visitor information:
- Two visitors will be allowed at any given time for patients receiving end-of-life care. Visitation hours do not apply to end-of-life care situations.
- For inpatient stays on the Oncology, Surgical or Medical floors and the Intensive Care Unit:
- One, symptom-free, screened visitor over the age of 18 can be designated for each inpatient stay. No visitor exchanges will be allowed during a patient's stay. Children under 18 will only be allowed to visit during end-of-life situations and they must be accompanied by an adult in these cases.
- Inpatient visitation for these areas is restricted to between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven days a week.
- One symptom-free, screened support person may accompany patients in the the Emergency Department and Pediatric/Women and Children's Unit. Visitation hours do not apply to these departments.
- For the Emergency Department, the designated support person cannot change during the patient's time in the Emergency Department and must enter through the screening table at the Emergency Department.
- All visitors must enter through the Main Entrance or Emergency Department entrance on weekdays. On weekends and holidays, all visitors must enter through the Emergency Department entrance.
- All visitors must be screened and masked.
- Minors may have two guardians accompany them when legally required for medical decision making.
- Visitation to the Behavioral Health Unit is restricted and will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Visitors are not allowed for COVID-19 patients. Exceptions include end-of-life care, hospitalized children and unique circumstances determined by the care team.
- Visitors will not be allowed for most outpatient visits to the Regional Medical Center (hospital)
- Exceptions may apply for select post-operative follow-up (please note special instructions below).
Urgent Care and clinic visitor information:
- Visitors are not allowed in clinics at this time.
- One symptom-free, screened essential caregiver or adult guest is allowed to accompany Urgent Care patients if needed. However, we encourage you to attend your appointment alone to limit the number of people in our facilities.
Special instructions for essential caregivers of patients undergoing same-day surgery or procedures
Caregivers or family members of surgical patients or other patients undergoing procedures (e.g., colonoscopies) will be contacted by phone or video platform to discuss pre-operative and post-operative patient instructions.
Post-operative instructions will only be conducted in-person with patients and essential caregivers in the following circumstances:
- Total joint replacement surgeries
- Certain procedures where in-person demonstration is necessary for patient safety such as physical therapy exercises, dressing changes, etc. In these cases, staff will contact the patient’s essential caregiver to determine a time for the essential caregiver to arrive at the Regional Medical Center.
Masks and screening
All visitors/support persons* and patients will be screened and required to wear masks while inside our facilities. This includes when they are in a patient room. Patients are expected to wear a mask unless they are under the age of two.
Everyone is encouraged to bring their own mask, but please note that per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendation, bandanas, buffs, gaiters and vented masks are not considered appropriate face coverings. Cloth masks are available to borrow at all entrances for anyone without a mask or appropriate face covering.
*Visitors who have COVID-19 symptoms or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit or accompany any patient. All exceptions are subject to change based on the discretion of the care team.
Other prevention measures
Our facilities are open, although some services have been adjusted, including some business services that may be temporarily closed. Details about service adjustments can be found here.
All public entrances to the Regional Medical Center (except the Emergency Room and Urgent Care) will close at 6:00 p.m. until further notice. The Main and East entrances will be closed during the weekend (please use Emergency Department entrance).