The Fred C. Olson Learning and Development Institute is dedicated to honoring and continuing the work of longtime Helena physician Dr. Fred Olson. The institute leads employee education, training and development initiatives, and manages numerous employee education scholarship programs.
Gifts to the Fred C. Olson Employee Education Endowed Scholarship Fund provide an opportunity to help build on Dr. Olson's important vision: Empowering and investing in our people to help them grow and thrive by driving excellence through learning, innovation and continuous improvement.
“St. Peter’s is a team of wonderful and talented people. Providing continuous learning opportunities for all team members ensures the safety and high quality of care our patients deserve.”
~Fred C. Olson, MD
Created in January 2021, the Fund helps significantly increase our investment in education and development opportunities for St. Peter’s Health team members. It provides education and training scholarships of all kinds, including certifications, associate degrees, undergraduate degrees and advance degrees. Recipients of a Fred C. Olson Employee Education Endowed Scholarship not only receive funds to cover their expenses, they are recognized with an award upon successful completion of their education or training program.
Current endowed scholarship funds supporting our employees and the community include:
- Fred C. Olson Employee Education Endowed Scholarship Fund – Scholarships established with the help of many generous donors to help our St. Peter’s Health team members grow and thrive. We drive excellence through learning, innovation and continuous improvement. All St. Peter’s Health team members are eligible to apply for the Olson Employee Education Endowed Scholarship.
- Elaine Fordyce Nursing Education Endowment – Scholarships established by twin sisters Elaine and Edna Fordyce to support St. Peter’s Health nurses and non-employee public health nurses in the Helena area seeking an advanced nursing degree
- Eden Family Endowment – Scholarships established by Liz and Dr. Ken Eden to support nurse education with preference given to endoscopy nurses and emergency room nurses
- Dianne Armstrong Endowed Scholarship for Future Nurses – Scholarships established by Dianne Armstrong, a dedicated St. Peter’s Health nurse of almost 50 years, to help with tuition and other related costs for St. Peter's employees pursuing a career in nursing. READ DIANNE'S STORY >>>
- Treacy Scholarship Endowment – Scholarships established by the Trustees of the Treacy Foundation to provide for medical education scholarships for St. Peter’s Health employees
- Debbie Daehn Nursing Memorial Scholarship – Scholarships established in memory of St. Peter’s Health nurse Deborrah “Debbie” Daehn by family, friends and co-workers to support St. Peter’s Health nurses (including LPNs) advancing their education
- Kay Sullivan Endowment – Scholarships established in memory of the late Kay Sullivan by friends to provide education opportunities for St. Peter’s Hospice team members.
- Dr. Thomas and Martha Hawkins Endowment for Respiratory Health – Scholarships established by Martha and Dr. Hawkins to provide education to St. Peter’s respiratory health staff as well as support for respiratory health services and patient assistance.
To learn more about this giving opportunity, contact Foundation Vice President Stephen Mason at 406-461-3983 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our generous Fred C. Olson Endowed Scholarship Fund donors to date