December 27, 2021
Helena – The Healthy Together Steering Committee has released the 2021 Community Health Report for Lewis and Clark County.
The Community Health Report provides a snapshot of our community on several health conditions, behaviors, systems and social determinants of health in Lewis and Clark County, including cancer, heart disease, infectious diseases, substance use, violence prevention, childcare, food insecurity and others.
The 2021 Community Health Report will form the basis for the fourth Community Health Improvement Plan, to be released in 2022. This plan will include input and perspectives from many representatives in business, government, schools, nonprofit and civic organizations, and other sectors.
"Collecting and sharing detailed data about the health of residents in Lewis and Clark County allows us as a community to narrow in on the greatest needs and direct scarce resources to improve programs, services, systems, and infrastructure where we live, work, and play,” said Drenda Niemann, Health Officer with Lewis and Clark Public Health.
Since 2011, LCPH has partnered with St. Peter’s Health and several other county agencies to form the Health Together Steering Committee. Made up of several local agencies, the committee meets regularly to ensure the Community Health Report is comprehensive and provides value across multiple parts in the community.
The current Healthy Together Steering Committee:
- Lori Ladas, Executive Director: Rocky Mountain Development Council, Inc.
- Amy Emmert, Senior Director of Population Health: St. Peter’s Health
- Haylie Wisemiller, Population Health and Community Education Specialist: St. Peter’s Health
- Emily McVey, Executive Director: United Way of the Lewis and Clark County Areas
- Jill Steeley, CEO: PureView Health Center
- Drenda Niemann, Health Director/Health Officer: Lewis and Clark Public Health
- Jolene Jennings, Behavior Health Systems Improvement Specialist: Lewis and Clark Public Health
- Dorota Carpenedo, COVID-19 Epidemiologist: Lewis and Clark Public Health
- Damian Boudreau, Communications Specialist: Lewis and Clark Public Health
The 2021 Community Health Report is posted to Lewis and Clark Public Heath’s website at https://www.lccountymt.gov/health/healthy-together.html. Physical copies of the report will be made available to interested parties.