The St. Peter’s Health Arthritis Movement Program is a free, community-based, recreational group movement and education program designed specifically for people with arthritis and related diseases.
The program’s multiple components help reduce pain and stiffness and help maintain or improve mobility, muscle strength and functional ability. Each class includes a variety of exercises that can be performed while sitting, standing or lying on the floor; endurance building routines; relationship exercises; and health education topics. Individuals from basic to advanced capabilities will benefit from the program.
- These free classes are conducted by trained and certified instructors in partnership with the local Arthritis Foundation chapter.
- Classes take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10-11 a.m. in the St. Peter’s Health Education Center.
- Participants will be required to wear masks throughout the exercise program.
- Physical distancing will be maintained through the use of a large space and a participation cap.
- Registration is required prior to class.
- This is an ongoing class – you may register at any time. We will maintain a waiting list once the participation cap is reached.