St. Peter’s Health offers FREE classes taught by a variety of specialists and professionals to help parents and caregivers with all preparations, expectations and details surrounding a new baby. All the classes are offered to parents/caregivers and their partners (please no kids).
- Classes are free
- Registration is required for all classes
Registration is required for all classes and most classes will be held virtually and in-person. Unable to make the classes? Individual appointments are available with most specialists. Contact numbers for class leaders and specialists are provided below so you can schedule an individual appointment. Please note that insurance/co-payments may apply to services for individual appointments.
Emmi programs are web-based presentations that take complex medical information and make it easy for you and your family to understand. You can view these programs online for free and share them with your friends and family.
The 21 Emmi programs that are available cover a wide range of topics, including the classes listed below, and offer a great alternative to in-person learning.Emmi Programs
Prepared Parenting Class Schedule
Due to visitor restrictions currently in place, St. Peter's is offering a mix of in-person classes with a registration limit, as well as virtual classes. Please see the individual class lists below for details. Instructions/links with information for each class will be emailed once registration is complete.
Women and Children’s Unit Tour
The video below introduces the Women’s and Children’s Unit, along with labor and delivery rooms, and answers some common questions.
Tours are offered on the 2nd Monday, 3rd Saturday and 4th Sunday of each month with group limitations. Please call the WAC unit at 406-444-2208 for more information.
- January 9, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6109
- January 21, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6110
- January 22, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6111
This class is currently on hold, but can be supplemented with the Heartsaver/First Aid HeartCode course that includes certification, which has an associated cost and requires online pre-work before a skills demonstration that occurs the first Thursday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
View and register for Infant CPR classes through our events page
Childbirth Education - 1st and 2nd Wednesdays from 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This two-part in-person class is taught by St. Peter’s obstetrics nurses and covers a variety of labor topics including signs and symptoms of labor, breathing and relaxation skills, pain management options, the coach’s role during labor and C-sections.
- January 4 & 12*, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6066
- February 1 & 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6067
- March 1 & 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6068
- April 5 & 12, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6069
- May 3 & 10, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6106
- June 7 & 14, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6071
- July 5 & 12, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6072
- August 2 & 9, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6073
- September 6 & 13, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6074
- October 4 & 11, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6075
- November 1 & 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6076
- December 6 & 13, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6077
Virtual Childbirth Education - 2nd Wednesdays from 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This two-part virtual class is taught by St. Peter’s obstetrics nurses and covers a variety of labor topics, including signs and symptoms of labor, breathing and relaxation skills, pain management options, the coach’s role during labor and C-sections. Part 1 of the class includes pre-recorded virtual content sent upon registration for the class, to be viewed at your convenience. Part 2 is a live-stream, virtual Q & A session hosted on the following dates.
- December 15*, 2022 (5:30 pm to 6:30 pm) https://events.sphealth.org/events/4898
- January 12*, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6078
- February 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6079
- March 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6080
- April 12, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6081
- May 12, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6082
- June 14, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6083
- July 12, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6084
- August 9, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6085
- September 13, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6086
- October 11, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6087
- November 8, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6088
- December 13, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6089
Breastfeeding Basics - Thursdays from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
This class is led by St. Peter’s Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). The lactation consultant discusses the benefits of breast milk, the anatomy and physiology of lactation, the elements that promote successful feedings, determining adequate milk intake and how to return to work while breastfeeding.
- January 5, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6090
- April 6, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6091
- July 6, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6092
- November 2, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6093
Postpartum Recovery - Wednesdays from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Join a Women’s Health Physical Therapist and a Maternal Mental Health Specialist for a 2-hour virtual class to discuss useful tips and education to remedy discomforts and guard against pain and dysfunction during and after pregnancy and also prepare for any perinatal mood or anxiety disorders such as postpartum depression.
- January 26*, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6094
- April 26, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6095
- July 26, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6096
- October 25, 2023 https://events.sphealth.org/events/6097
Child Car Seat Safety - Wednesdays from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
This 2-hour virtual class is led by a certified child passenger safety technician and helps parents learn the basics of choosing the right seat for your child and your budget; proper seat installation and positioning, angle and how to secure; and appropriately fitting your child to the seat. Child car seat installation can be scheduled individually with an instructor as installation is not part of the class.
- February 9, 2022 https://events.sphealth.org/events/4801
- May 11, 2022 https://events.sphealth.org/events/4802
- August 10, 2022 https://events.sphealth.org/events/4803
- November 9, 2022 https://events.sphealth.org/events/4804