St. Peter's Health Behavioral Health Unit offers short-term, live-in care services for adults experiencing a mental health crisis through an adult inpatient program and Montana's only geriatric inpatient program. Our individualized care helps to not only improve day-to-day management of symptoms, but just as importantly, restore your quality of life.
St. Peter’s Approach to Behavioral Health
Our professional Behavioral Health care team is dedicated to helping adults and seniors experiencing mental help crisis return to life with new skills and new hope.
Each program offers individualized treatment plans, including medication planning, education, group therapy and discharge planning delivered by professional care teams guided by a psychiatrist. Our 22 bed facility includes patient rooms, a group area and enclosed patios. Individualized treatment plans include discharge plans and customized follow up treatment plans for all patients.
St. Peter’s Health offers the only geriatric inpatient program in Montana and serves patients across the state. This program offers treatment of acute dementia symptoms.
Quality Behavioral Health Care at St. Peter’s
- Patient satisfaction: According to 2018 CQI+ patient satisfaction data, 73% of patients would recommend our program to family members and friends who need similar treatment.
- Geriatric Inpatient Program: Patient satisfaction scores from 2018 show a 97% patient improvement for changes in behavioral problems.
- Adult Inpatient Program: Patient satisfaction scores from 2018 show 81% of patients showed improvement in change in depression.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy is central to our behavioral health care. Our social work care team offers several group therapy options, including:
- Medication groups
- Therapeutic groups
- Music groups
- Pet therapy
Care teams at St. Peter’s Health provide a range of services for many mental health concerns, including:
- Suicidal Ideation
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychotic Disorders
- Dementia with behavioral disturbances
Facility and admission information
Our unit includes 22 patient rooms (8 adult, 14 geriatric) and is an inpatient hospitalization program for short-term behavioral health treatment. Both units are designed for those 18 and older. We treat those experiencing acute psychiatric episodes, patients are admitted after evaluation through our Emergency Department.
Location of Adult and Geriatric Behavioral Health Services
St. Peter’s Health Regional Medical Center
2475 E. Broadway, Helena, MT 59601