St. Peter’s Home Health Care provides health care services in your home after a debilitating illness, surgery or hospitalization. Our home health team works directly with your physician to plan your care and we keep your physician informed about your progress.
St. Peter’s Home Health is certified by Medicare and Medicaid. All payer sources are accepted.
St. Peter’s Approach to Home Health Care
At St. Peter’s Health, our home health services use a team approach so you have more seamless care. This approach includes collaboration with your doctors and care team. All of your caregivers have access to your electronic medical record to help them better address all your health needs.
Our staff are certified to the highest standards in their areas, including OASIS certification and wound-care certification.
When Is Home Health Care Beneficial?
- Following a hospitalization related to chronic conditions such as congestive heart failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), stroke, pneumonia, or heart attack
- New diagnosis that requires disease management and education
- Medication reconciliation and education
- Medical conditions requiring infusion therapy, ostomy or foley catheter care
- Post-surgery: Joint replacement, orthopedic surgeries, abdominal, or cardiac
- Wound care
Benefits of Home Health Care
- Care is provided in the comfort of your home
- Care is coordinated with your physician based on your medical needs and diagnosis
- Home Health can help monitor and prevent complications or hospitalization
Qualifications for Home Health Services
- Your doctor determines you need medical care in the home and orders home health services
- You must need at least one of the following: Intermittent skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech therapy, or occupational therapy services (If occupational therapy is combined with one of the previous listed services)
- You must be considered Homebound by Medicare guidelines.
Home Health Programs and Services
- 24-hour On-Call Nurses
- Certified Home Health Aides
- Home Infusion Assessment and Education
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Medication Reconciliation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Social Worker
- Speech Therapy
Home Infusion Services
Through St. Peter’s Home Health Care, you can receive home infusions. This includes:
- Registered nurses and pharmacists experienced in providing care for a variety of high-tech treatments
- 24-hour availability by registered RNs and pharmacists
- Pharmacists to oversee your infusion therapy and monitor drug reactions, dose effectiveness and any side effects
- Education for you, your caregiver and family members
- Individualized dosing calculations
Location(s) of Home Health Services
St. Peter’s Health Home Health
201 S. California
Helena, MT 59601