Inch by Inch is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program and has achieved Full Recognition status with the Centers for Disease Control. This 12-month nutrition and physical activity course focuses on the prevention of diabetes and heart disease through lifestyle change. Classes are six months of weekly sessions and six months of monthly sessions.
New sessions start in January 2022
Call 444-2386 for enrollment information
- Provider referral with cholesterol labs and glucose labs within a year
- Medical eligibility criteria: BMI >25, plus at least one of the following:
- elevated blood pressure
- Cholesterol with medication
- No active chemotherapy or end-stage renal disease.
Participants must commit to keeping a daily food and drink log plus regular moderate physical activity for >150 minutes/week. A six-month YMCA membership is offered as part of the class fee.
- $100 fee for 12 months
- FREE for qualifying Medicaid participants
- FREE for Medicare (part B) participants with pre-diabetes
If a class is not presently being offered, call 444-2386 to find out about future sessions.
Upcoming session beginning January 2022. Group intake appointment class* dates:
- Coming soon!
*Classes may be held virtually
Click here to use the DPP self-referral form.