Inch by Inch is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program and has achieved Preliminary Recognition status with the Centers for Disease Control. This 12-month nutrition and physical activity course focuses on the prevention of diabetes and heart disease through lifestyle change. Classes are six months of weekly sessions and six months of monthly sessions.
- Provider referral with cholesterol labs and glucose labs within a year
- Medical eligibility criteria: BMI >25, plus at least one of the following:
- Pre-diabetes, or elevated blood pressure or cholesterol with medication
- No active chemotherapy or end-stage renal disease.
Participants must commit to keeping a daily food and drink log plus regular moderate physical activity for >150 minutes/week. A six-month YMCA membership is offered as part of the class fee.
- $100 fee
- FREE for qualifying Medicaid participants
- FREE for Medicare (part B) participants with pre-diabetes
Current class sessions are posted on the events calendar page. If a class is not presently being offered, call 444-2386 to find out about future sessions.
Upcoming classes, Fall 2019:
- Monday August 19, 5.30pm-6.30pm
- Tuesday Aug 20, 5.30pm-6.30pm
- Wednesday Aug 21, 12pm-1pm
These dates are group intakes, the first class starts the week of August 26.
Click here to use the DPP self-referral form.