This is an extremely versatile salad perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Use a bed of spinach, romaine lettuce or chopped red cabbage, add some cooked grains, and mix it up with your choice of vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
- 4 cups of leafy green vegetables, gently shredded
- 1 15-ounce can of beans (pinto, navy, red, garbanzo), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked grains of your choice (see our Instant Pot Guide for Grains)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped herbs of choice (basil, cilantro, oregano, mint)
- Black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl and enjoy!
For example, use 4 cups of spinach and 2 cups of cooked quinoa. Add on the onions, peppers and balsamic vinegar. Mix well and then add 1 cup of chopped basil. Cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots also work well for toppings.
Modified from "The China Study Cookbook."