This is a great way to quickly and easily add leafy greens to your diet – and it will give several servings! Add on a leafy green salad for even more nutrition.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard leaves, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped or diced
- 1 green onion, chopped or diced
- Sugar-free salsa of your choice
- If using an Instant Pot to cook the rice, follow the directions on the Instant Pot sheet.
- If cooking rice on the stove, place one cup of brown rice with 2 cups of water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat to low medium. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes
- Add the Swiss Chard and continue simmering until the rice absorbs the water (about another 5 minutes).
- Once done, remove from heat and leave covered for another ten minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the beans, ½ cup water and the cilantro. Warm on low heat, stirring gently.
- Place the greens/rice mix on a plate. Top with tomato, green onion and salsa.