This is one of those recipes that is so simple it's hard to believe! Only four ingredients, four spices and minimum preparation. Great for those end-of-day meals when you want fresh soup but don’t feel like doing much cooking.
- 3 pounds small red or white potatoes. Cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 15-ounce can small red beans (no salt added). Rinse and drain prior to using
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Set to high for 5 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally (about 20 minutes).
- Vent to release any remaining pressure.
Eat as is or over a bed of fresh spinach. Add some garlic powder and oregano for an Italian flavor.
Modified from Forks Over Knives magazine.