This delicious, high-protein hummus can be made in a matter of minutes, making it the perfect easy snack!
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas (drain the peas but keep the liquid)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt substitute and black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients (except the liquid from the chickpeas) to your food processor or high-speed blender. Process until well blended. Stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the canning liquid. Drizzle in enough to make the hummus smooth. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Lasts seven days in the refrigerator.