A simple way to prepare a healthy and flavorful breakfast for the next day. It is a variant of a recipe Dr. Krainacker makes daily with a larger variety of grains.
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats (or quick-cooking steel-cut oats)
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the morning
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup fresh berries (may use frozen berries the night before)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon raw, unsalted almond or peanut butter
- Place oats, water and cinnamon in a sealed plastic container. If using frozen berries, add them now.
- Gently mix, then let sit in the refrigerator overnight (4-12 hours).
- In the morning, top with soy milk, fresh berries, flaxseed and nut butter.
- Stir and enjoy.
Modified from NutritionFacts.org.