This recipe is a great way to get in your daily servings of beans and grains. Follow the recipe below to cook the beans. Then add on the cooked grain of your choice (see the Instant Pot Guide for Grains). Yields four servings.
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can of salt-free kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of water or vegetable broth
- Cooked grains of your choice
- Heat the lemon juice in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Saute the onion, bell pepper and celery until soft.
- Add in the beans, spices and water. Mix well and simmer for about five minutes. Everything should be well heated.
- Serve with cooked grains of your choice or mix several together.
Modified from NutritionFacts.org.