You won't believe how easy this meal is to prepare! Plus, it's loaded with spices and flavor. Yields 4-6 servings.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 lemon, sliced in half (or one half cup of lemon juice)
- Garlic powder (enough to cover the steaks)
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Liquid smoke, 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim the green cauliflower base and drizzle lemon juice over the intact cauliflower.
- Cut into 1/2 - 1 inch thick steaks.
- Drizzle remaining juice over the cauliflower. Cover the steaks with liquid smoke and spices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
Enjoy with a salad for a complete meal. Other spices to try include curry, cumin, turmeric and black pepper.
Modified from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.