This is a simple but flavorful and nutritious recipe. Just combine the ingredients and enjoy throughout the week. Makes four servings.
- 5 cups cooked brown rice (see Instant Pot Guide for Grains)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup date paste or 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes
- Divide into 4 servings and store in the refrigerator.
Modified from "The China Study Cookbook" by Del Sroufe.