Creamy and spicy, this easy recipe can be made in large batches making it perfect for meal preparation.
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2-3 tablespoons ginger powder (or grated fresh ginger)
- Juice from half an orange
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes until translucent. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to keep the onions from sticking.
- Add garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and cook an additional minute.
- Add carrots and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The carrots should be very soft.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender, or pour it into high-speed blender. The soup should have a smooth consistency.
This can last in the refrigerator for up to one week. Freeze the leftovers for future easy meals.
Modified from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.